Thursday, March 18, 2010

Future thousand-aire

Today during my usual scavenger hunt of web site searching I was bombarded my a pop-up ad.

Shocking, I know.

It read something like: “WIN $1,500 by just filling out this itty bitty survey.”

But then I blinked and saw: "LAUREN YOU COULD WIN SOME CASH!!! come on and play!"

The survey was for the New Scientist web site, being that I had clicked onto one of its articles. Figuring that whoever made this survey was clearly a trusting doctor of some kind, I clicked on the window and spiraled into a dark whole of a Mensa moment that strikes only the desperate, unemployed.

But then again, a mere seven minutes later, with ego-checking questions answered (Q: what is your estimated yearly income? Can I factor in the potential $1,500?) and survey complete, I felt pretty damn nearly sure that I could maybe possibly be the triumphant winner of that bag o cash.

Still gloating with my potential win I Googled “cash giveaways” and filled out a few more "harmless," though progressively more time-consuming surveys. Sure, this lunch break of (in)activity may not be worth my time in the spam I’m sure to recieve, but just think of all the goodies I could get…

And by goodies, of course, I mean groceries.

And maybe some spring shoes.

On a side note, I totally dig New Scientist's culture lab blog. Check it out.

xoxoL

No comments: