Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The round up

I bet you didn't think this was going to happen again, didja?

True the last round up was made during far more wintery weather, but that doesn't mean I haven't been combing and bookmarking all things arts, culture and just plain dumb (in a good way).

Without further adieu:

to read: A few months ago I happened across NPR's My Guilt Pleasure. And yes, it's just as indulgent as you would imagine. Writers divulge their deepest darkest literary treasures - the mostly embarrassing concessions of romance novels, best-sellers or, worse, vampires. I think Flowers in the Attic is one of my faves.

to check out: This fabulous French woman Sandrine Estrade Bell has a talent that usually leaves us commoners after the age of five: she can see imaginary creatures and people in everyday street scenes. They are quirky and hilarious and I wish it were mine. It looks like she takes photos and lets her imagination unfold in basic colors and voluptuous shapes. Check it out at My Modern Met

This guy, Made Thirsty, is my pet:



to procrastinate: Terribly addicting for very little reason, Hugh Crawford's Polaroid-a-day will suck you in with no apologies. Crawford took, as is plainly obvious, a Polaroid photo every day for 28 years. I mean, that's crazytown. But it is also fantastically addictive. Seasons change, nameless friends pile on puffy clothes and strip down to bold-colored tanks. Parties are had and food is (presumably) eaten or at least, photographed. The best part is that the lengthy photo album is a time capsule of that glorious fashion-questionable decade: the 80s.

Here is what was happening the day I was born.


Aren't you just dying to know what goes down next?

to long for: Sabrina Dehoff creates playful, colorful jewelery that will lighten your mood just enough to forget you're clomping around in high-heeled shoes (if that's the sort of thing you do).

I love the rope bracelets, a modern twist to those sailor rope bangles I collected as a kid.


Or the cloud necklace...hello? Adorable.


Speaking of adorable, this New York Times feature a while back on tiny houses is certainly to lust after. I would definitely like, no, need a mini Victorian house to live in. Sure it doesn't have indoor plumbing or heat and barely a door to speak of but it is so frickin' cute I could put it on a cupcake and eat it.



See the full slide show via NYTimes and prepare to drool.

And finally to cuddle:



What the HELL is that? I don't know but I shall adopt it and call it Fat and love it forever. It's a zooborn, get into it.

xoL

No comments: