Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Politic-oon

A few things has solidified over the past week or so. One, I have a new found appreciation for the hyperlink. And two I've moved on from those silly Hollywood crushes of yesteryear (not totally over, I'm human afterall) to the ever-more adult, politic-oon.

My nascent crush - thanks to my sometime painful government beat assignment last quarter - has spiraled into a full blown political swoon for Mr. Emanuel.

As it turns out, Rahm-bo and I are much more alike than one might immediate presume, for the following reasons:


1. Rahm got his masters degree from Northwestern University.
I am ALSO getting my masters degree from Northwestern University

2. Rahm went to a small liberal arts school to study ballet.
I ALSO went to a small liberal arts school where in my first semester, after an inspirational viewing of FAME!, I signed up for and immediately dropped an intro to ballet dance class.

3. Rahm cut off the top of his middle finger while working at Arbys.
I, in an obvious subconscious sign of solidarity with the current chief of staff, have never eaten at an Arbys.

4. Rahm has three children.
I was conned into sponsoring a baby in the Dominican Republic (baby Ruth) for the better part of a year while living in NYC making 25,000 a year (read: a dollar value meal away from street life).

5. Rahm's brother is a high-powered Hollywood agent and the inspiration for Ari Gold on HBO's Entourage
I'm pretty sure my brother has watched and enjoys Entourage and I read enough US Weekly to know as much about Hollywood as an agent

6. Rahm gets up a 5 in the morning to hit the gym
I set my alarm at 5 in the morning to go to the gym and then get up 5:30 to turn it off for another hour of sleep.

For all these reasons, and so much more, you can see that Rahm Emanuel, the White House Chief of Staff and I, a student, are ever so similar and, at the very least, should be besties.

1 comment:

BSA said...

and guess where he went to liberal arts school...SLC!! can you believe it? Beth should totally apply for chief of staff next time. (we'll talk to Ron K about that this summer)