Thursday, July 15, 2010

Curious about Needham, MA?

Don't deny it. You've been wondering what the good people of this outside-of-Boston-suburb were up to.

I've got the inside scoop as an official contributor to the AOL hyper local enterprise, Patch.

Alright, so I don't live in Needham. But I'm close. Or so I thought. It may have taken me an hour to get there in rush hour traffic and because I was paranoid about getting there on time, so I arrive with 45 minutes to kill. Not wanting to be rude with my own reading material I picked up a month-old brochure for kids summer programming. A delight.

The reason for my visit was a meeting. People showed up (already a success), mat-boarded maps were displayed, lively discussions about a bridge construction project were had, voices were raised, apologies were made and things got done.

BUT the pinnacle moment for this reporter came down to one little line spoken by a Boston-accented man:

"Ahh you poopin' me?"

Yup.

It's the perfect sleeper slogan hit - PG with just enough shock to use for any occasion. Try it out.

Scenario 1: You're out to dinner with friends at your favorite eatery, salivating after their signature dish, when out of the blue the waitress informs you that they are OUT.

You: "Ah you poopin' me?"

Scenario 2: You're apartment hunting and you find this sic pad in the neighborhood you swoon after. Then the owner turns to you and says, Oh you know we're having a special this month, sign a lease and get the job of your dreams.

You: "Ah you poopin' me?"

Scenario 3: You're invited to a party celebrating the birthday of a friend you haven't seen in years. You arrive late, as usual, and walk through the unlocked door to find that dear friend has become a nudist and you're the only clothed party-goer.

You:"Ah you poopin' me?"

Just watch, it's going to sweep the nation.

In the meantime I'm back on the reporting/writing wagon and it feels good.

xoL

No comments: