Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Officially job-y

What is that line from that movie I once saw? If you build it, they will come?

In an effort to lure the job universe in my direction, I have outfitted myself with business cards. Yup. I'm official.

And for extra credit, I made them myself. Impressed? Great, get me a job.

Thanks to the creative people at Design Sponge, who have screwed my head firmly into the delusional world of I-can-do-anything-myself, I give you: Lauren Hansen, Multimedia Journalist (extraordinaire)



Oooo Ahhhh.

These little pups (three successful in one hour) were down right tedious, plucking the impossibly small letters from a stamp grid. But once they were done the light shone from above and I viewed my life anew: I did it my damn self. And how CUTE is that little ink and quill on the back? I mean, I'd hire me.





Of course I realize there are some hiccups. My e-mail is missing and the website is a bit cumbersome, but it works for now. And since I've gotten the hang of arranging those tiny letter via Tweezers like some miniature movie theater sign, I'm a business-card-making machine.

And just in time because tonight I have my first reporting assignment in all too long. I feel a little rusty and filled with butterflies but something tells me the attendees at the Needham, MA neighborhood meeting won't bite my head off for a few follow up questions.

No comments: