Sunday, November 2, 2008

E-day jitters

Alright, so unless you've been living in a deep dark, probably damp, hole you're well aware that the election is a day away.

Crazytown.

What's even more is that as a journalism student in this nearly presidential city I have to cover the election. Perhaps not the election - I am still but a student after all - but something having to do with the election.

I'm getting a rash just thinking about it.

In a effort to subdue the tornado of butterflies in my tum I had myself a weekend. I fitted myself in Halloween, drank like I was in college and then got the hell outta town.

It was glorious. I met a few friends in Indiana - via train it was a hop skip and a jump away - on lake Michigan. We stayed in a friend's parent's house and pretty much spent the entire night making a meal that would make Sen. Obama blush. It was ridiculous.



A (whole) turkey, mac & cheese, potatoes, green beans, salad, stuffing, gravy and an apple pie that we were all too full to even look at (though it was perfectly suited for Sunday breakfast).



Oh, and in between the cooking and the eating there was some potato golf. Obviously.




It was delightful. After an apple pie breaky and before heading back home to reality we hit up the beach. Yes, the beach. On this gloriously sunny day and except for our jeans and jackets we could have been in Jamaica.




We skipped rocks and Logan went swimming. I grew tired just watching him. I think my body actually rejected the action of my eyes following the veracious pup back and forth. I desperately need to exercise.

We did a quick drive-by-shop at some sweet outlet malls, had a sammy and officially walked back into reality.

SO I'm back to the computer. Fretting election day for all the questions I have for coverage. I'm supposed to cover a congressional race that will likely be consumed by the Obama race/party downtown and the press person has not a care to respond to my incessant calls regarding the wheres and whens of said congressman of interest.

So. I google the man and hope for the best. la di da. An extra hour of sleep was a lovely gift. I wish it provided me with some story ideas.

No comments: