Thursday, September 11, 2008

The things I have

several boxes
a few wheeley bags
a handful of shoulder bags
three glorious space saver bags
a television
a radio
a bucket
a few cleaning supplies
an old rug
a lamp without a shade
a printer
a blow up mattress
clean sheets
towels
a new bath scrunchie and soap
two bottles of water
a green frog-shaped watering bucket

and One Brand New Spectacular Apartment in Chicago.

Yes, my lovely friends. I have arrived and this place is fabulous.

Thanks to my Mom and Lois who graciously drove me out here and unpacked my belongings and will travel with me all over this city to pick up craigslist furniture (not to mention the 'quick' trip to IKEA).

Tonight it is me, the apartment, my car-ful of belongings, and every light I can possibly find to turn on.

First night. First apartment to myself.

Thank goodness for this Star magazine.

Photos and more tomorrow.

~L

No comments: